Do not give out your phone number, full name, address, bank details, passwords, or any other personal information to anyone online who you don’t know in person.
Here's the deal with posers. There are three different types out there.
1) Immature people
2) Drama starters
3) People of malicious intent
Let's break this down one by one.
1) Immature People: These are your posers who range from the ages 13 - 18. Most of these are completely harmless. These posers don't last long and tend to get caught faster than they can create themselves. They're doing is out of sheer boredom and have no lives outside their computers. They're doing it for fun, basically, and are stupid enough to believe that they'd never get in trouble for it.
2) Drama starters: These people range about 18 - 25. They're the ones who usually have some sort of beef with either the celebrity themselves or the person they chose as a victim. Most of these posers don't have any evil intentions, they're doing it to cause drama. People like this get some amount of enjoyment out of tormenting people. These are the kind of people who would laugh at kicking a puppy, basically. ....
1) Most the poser's profile is set to private and publically announces who they are.
2) They go out of their way to prove they are real.
3) Becomes defensive over the smallest things, trying to guilt trip you into believing they are legit.
4) They never seem to have pictures that no one's seen before.
5) Never have information before an event happens.
6) Continuously goes on and on about themselves as a way to make you believe they are real.
7) They never seem to have a web cam or the web cam suddenly isn't working when asked to use it.
8) Sends you texts messages rather than calling you on the phone.
9) When caught in a lie, they have an outrageous excuse for why it happened.
10) If they don't have an answer to a question, they'll answer it in a form of a question just to keep you guessing.....
All posers are different but here are some things to consider if you think you might be involved with a poser:
1. They have a lot of drama in their life and they make you believe that you are the only one who can “fix” it.
2. They are extremely clingy.
3. They use things you’ve said against you in their lies. For example, one day you say that you are afraid of spiders, the next day they tell a story about how they found a huge spider in their house and give you all kinds of details about it.
4. They put you on a pedestal showering you with I love yous, gifts, poems, and songs. They are a girl’s “dream guy” because a lot of times it will be a woman posing as a man. They are extremely romantic, which makes you even more vulnerable because you start falling for the person. What girl doesn’t love romance and suddenly you meet someone who knows how to pull it off better than any guy you’ve ever met.
5. They cannot offer solid proof as to who they are behind the screen. They might call you, but the voice will be disguised. They might email official documents, but they will be fake. This happened to me. Any pictures that are sent will be photo shopped.
Basically, if anyone who you are talking to online cannot get onto a web cam in “real time,” they may or may not be who they say they are. That’s why it’s so important to keep your guard up at all times. You have to be just as careful online as you would be with strangers in person.
Don’t be subjected to the mind of the poser. They get a thrill out of getting you to believe they are someone they aren’t. They have all of the control in the situation and you have none. Take back your life by not believing in someone who always has an excuse for not visiting, calling, or being on a web cam.....